A few years ago, I did a list of “Things to do before I die.” It was quite an experience to list down simple things which I wanted to do in life.
As also reflected in my original list, the purpose of doing such a list is to know what exactly do I stand for?
What exactly do I want from life?
In a sense, it is an effort in search of purpose of existence.
During the last few years, I have gone through many ups and downs in life. These in turn have changed my desires and wants. So, I decided that may be, it was a good time to review the old list.
Things accomplished have been crossed out.
So, here it is.
v2.0 of what I want from life –
- Attend a F1 Grand Prix.
- See a real F1 car.
- Drive a Lamborghini.
- Have my portrait painted.
- Write a letter to Warren Buffet & receive a reply!
- Visit Omaha (Nebraska)
- Fall deeply (Rise) in love, helplessly and unconditionally.
- Take shower in a waterfall.
- Experience weightlessness.
- Sleep under the stars.
- Find a job I love.
- Donate money and put my name on something like a college scholarship.
- To customize a room in my house, with all the boys toys I want. (Nearest I got was to get the walls painted Red)
- Be regular in gym for 3 months in a row.
- Bench-press a weight equal to my own.
- Accept myself for what I am.
- Create my Family Tree. (Have lost it now)
- Have a corpus of 10 Crore rupees by 40.
- Make a home library.
- Watch a live cricket match.
- Do 20 kilometers on a bicycle in a go.
- Do 50 kilometers on a bicycle in a go.
- Work for a Fortune 500 organization.
- Boss the boss
- Climb on top of the Great Egyptian Pyramids and yell.
- Visit every continent.
- Get a tattoo.
- Pee in a village farm with wind blowing
- Visit all the states of India. (Done 13/28)
- Visit 100 Indian cities/places. (Done 71/100)
- Visit 50 countries. (Done 2/50)
- Write a guest column for a national financial newspaper.
- Start my own financial research & consulting practice.
- Give employment to atleast 10 people.
- Visit Ladakh.
- Go on a biking trip to a desert
- Get recognized by name of my blog J
- See the Aurora Borealis.
- See the Taj Mahal.
- See the Taj Mahal again.
- Get a movie made on a script written by me (Based on stock markets)
- Drive at more than 200kmph (Done
- Climb a small peak.
- Write a book & get it published.
- Drive along the entire coastline of India in a month. (>7500 Kms)
- Drive 1200 Kms in 24 Hours.
- See a tornado.
- Para-gliding (if not sky-diving)