2011 in Bullets
Like 2009, my brain’s audit department has forced me to conduct an elaborate year end audit. But laziness got the better of me and I could only manage a few bullet points –
- Like 2009 (when I traveled around 28,000 Kilometers), 2011 saw me traveling for around 25,900 kilometers (Yes. I keep a kilometer by kilometer account of my travels). I traveled to around 13 cities which included a few never-before-visited ones like Amritsar,Bikaner, Ranthambore, Barmer & Wagah (Attari).
- In June, I once again became unemployed & unbalanced as I decided to pursue higher studies.
- After spending close to 3 years in dry deserts of Thar, a move to Mumbai with its random downpours was quite an experience.
- After many years I experienced 0 degrees Celsius (in Amritsar). I also experienced temperatures above 50 degrees! (Read about the experience here).
- Started another strangely named blog for my financial rants – Essential Associate Aktiengesellschaft….. And closed it for some personal reasons😦
- Received a prize from talented travel blogger, Shivya of Shooting Star fame in celebration of her 200th post.
- I struggled throughout 2011 to revive my reading habit. Currently I have around 5-6 books which are waiting for me to lay my hands on them.😉
- For me, Rockstar’s Nadaan Parindey is song of the year.
As far as 2012 is concerned, I have decided not to keep any specific resolutions. I just hope that Mayan prophecy (of doomsday on 21-12) is proven wrong and we get to see another 22-12.
Happy New Year.