2 friends and 3 questions
This post is about two of my close friends. [Disclosure: Both are awesome & both have a bright future. And, I myself look upto them for advice.]
Here I have decided to do a sort of personality post mortem. I am listing 5 of their traits which can be compared. But due to obvious reasons, I shall not disclose their identities. And to those, who eventually do realise who these guys are, it is my humble request to kindly refrain from making any disclosures. 🙂
If I say that I have never been judgemental about both of them, then that would be wrong. I have been. But that is irrelevant. All I want from the readers is to think. To compare and if possible, give their views.
So why do I want to do this? It’s because, I want to know what others feel about these 2 guys. I know a lot about both of them and sometimes try to analyse where both of them are heading. It’s because of this that I have an urge to know what others feel about them. Or you can say that I want to test a new concept called crowd intelligence. 😉
So let’s get to the point.
Let’s call my first friend as F1.
- Believes that he can do anything in life, if he wants. But does not ‘usually’ put in the required effort. But when he does, it’s magical.
- Believes in proper planning & preparation. But when it comes to the execution part, his interest or motivation starts going down.
- Has a good enough job, which he wants to be his last. Wants to start something of his own. But there are also times when he wants to join his dream company; which contradicts his vision of starting his own venture.
- Wants to do many things at a time. This sometimes leads to him doing nothing. But when he does something, it is really class apart.
- Is ready to go to any length to nurture a relationship, even if it is not being reciprocated from the other side. This sometimes leads to, you know what…pain.
- Passionate, different, unsatisfied & questioning [Words that are apt for F1]
Now here is my second friend F2.
- Believes that one can’t get everything in life. So, does not think king size. But he knows what to do in his limited capabilities.
- Knows the power of planning and preparation. But believes that its better to get into action straightaway and then change the plan as per existing circumstances. Is not a firm believer of the concept of detailed planning.
- Has a good enough job, which he wants to be his last. No, he does not want to start any company. He just wants to retire from his present organization when he reaches 60.
- Focuses on one thing at a time and completes it before touching anything else. Does not believe in doing things ‘awesome’ly. Just wants to complete things.
- Is not ready to put much effort into relationships. Believes that relationships grow as they ought to grow and are eventually decided by destiny (God).
- Result oriented, protocolish, satisfied & abiding [Words that are apt for F2]
In the end, I have 3 questions to ask –
- Is it better to be like my friend F1 or F2 and why?
- Who is more likely to go higher in life? Assuming lady luck is equally favourable to both of them.
- Why am I playing the God here? 😉 [OK, no need to answer this one]